Posted on March 11 2019
Experienced Marketing “Doer” – REMOTE/WORK FROM HOME, 10-20 hours/week
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Marketing Specialist – a doer, who can take charge of the day to day execution of our marketing tactics (primarily digital)
Who we are:
We are NA KOA, a line of handcrafted leather goods with authentic Polynesian tattoos by Polynesian tattoo artists (www.nakoa.com). We’re a small company, and our products are a labor of love and passion for Polynesian culture.
Who we’re looking for:
- A strong background and experience in doing the work of digital marketing for companies
- Substantial experience in at least two of these key areas: social media campaigns, influencer programs, website SEO, testing, and analytics
- Good understanding of branding
- A creative and curious mind
- Good communication skills
- A solid writer who can help with content creation
- Respect for and interest in Pacific Islander culture and art
You will be responsible for a variety of day to day tasks and digital marketing programs. Your top goals are to increase brand awareness and drive online sales.
You will work directly with the owner of the company, a former vice president of marketing, in the development and execution of marketing programs. You will also work with other team members such as customer support, inventory and order fulfillment.
All of us work together remotely, communicating by Skype, email and with shared documents in Google Drive. While we do not dictate your work schedule, our team generally works during Hawaii business hours, therefore the right candidate will need to be available during Hawaii early afternoon hours (3 or 4 pm PST or later) at least twice a week to work successfully with our team.
You will work individually and collaboratively to recommend actions, schedule and plan projects, and manage projects to completion, including:
- Instagram and Facebook campaigns – brainstorm, develop ideas, and implement
- Micro influencers – identify, and develop relationships
- Develop and maintain Amazon store and brand presence
- Improve website organic SEO rankings
- Improve Amazon product listings SEO
- Manage email list and create short but regular content for email campaigns
- Testing, testing, testing… always learning how we can improve results and adapt
- Tracking, evaluate results, and prepare regular marketing results reports
As you can see, you will be a key part of our marketing execution, with a wide range of responsibilities, and opportunities to learn and grow.
You must be:
- Independent and not need a lot of oversight. This means you have a demonstrated ability to get your projects and tasks done without daily supervision. No excuses, just a high degree of self-responsibility
- Organized and able to plan out your time so that you can juggle priorities and meet your deadlines and responsibilities
- Meticulous so that things don’t get dropped.
- Outgoing and friendly but also persistent
- The position is for a long-term 1099 contract team member working remotely. Obviously, you’ll need to have a solid home office with computer and high speed internet.
- The amount we’ve budgeted for the right person is $18-20/hour ($10-20k a year), with the ability to earn more as results show over the first 6-12 months
Your Next Step:Take the time to review our website www.nakoa.com, and Instagram @nakoaleather . If you could see yourself working with our company, our market, and our products, then email your resume, along with a cover letter, both in a single PDF, email@example.com Use “Read this” as the subject line of the email.